There are many ways on how you can turn your hobby into big income. Fortunately, there has never been a better time to start selling your wares or services. Today's technologies such as internet and mass media has opened up myriad channels to reach costumers and most of them are cheap, even offering for free. Here are 5 ways on how you can turn your hobby into small, even massive income.
- Sell your wares - Do you have a penchant for designing, sewing or something about painting? With many platforms from which to sell your wares, creative individuals are no longer the streotype misunderstood, starving artists. Reach out to customers through variety of websites and blog shops, set up a stall at a flea market or leave your products with outlets on a consignment basis. You can sell your wares at popular avenue website such as www.etsy.com which solely on handmade creations, vintage goods and crafting supplies. You also can use weekend fairs as another channel to sell your wares, which specifically those that focus on handmade products. Though opening and manning a stall can be tiring and time consuming, but it allows the artist to interact with buyers. It's a great opportunity for the artist to identify their prospects and market.
- Barter for what you want - Instead of selling or buying, consider bartering your goods or services for something that you can use. This action will allows you to to acquire another collectible without spending money. You can use online marketplaces such as eBay to trade your goods with a wide range of people. Remember to barter ideal items that keep their value over time such as branded watch and so on. Anyway, before deciding to put your goods or services for barter, you need to research the barter item's current market value in order to ensure your collectibles have resale value. If there is a significant gap in the values of the items, the party receiving the higher-valued item will pay the difference in cash.
- Teach your passion - If you are passionate about your interest, you have the changes to practising or learning about it. From there, you can pass on that knowledge and get paid. Many people are willing to pay good money to learn. You can write or record an e-book or conduct classes or seminars. Ability and desire to teach are also critical success factors.
- Sell your collectibles - If you are a collector to certain items or goods, you can sell your collections to make money. You might be emotionally attached to your pieces but remember that making money from an exciting collection allows you to acquire more pieces.
- Write your hobby - You also can share your knowledge about your hobby through writing and giving talks. Once your book builds your reputation and there is recognition of your expertise, branch out to other platforms. Patience is the key to success and never give up.