There are a lot of things you can do to drive traffic to your blog. You need traffic in order to earn money from your blog. The question is, HOW you want to do that? I want to give you 25 ways to start driving traffic to your blog today. With a little time and patience, you will slowly start to increase your viewer ship.
1. Post comments on other blogs – You can post your comments or opinions into other bloggers in your niche that are popular and interesting. Participate your voice in the community can makes you popular especially when your comments are more interesting and valuable than others.
2. Register with blog forum – Find the forum that related to your niche and register. Submit your comments and try to be active. Remember,when you register with a forum, make sure to fill out the profile, similar to the blogging services. Make sure to put a direct link to your blog. Put your link in every post that you make in order to help you gain visibility. This is all the more reason to create thought provoking discussions.
3. Register with blog network – You should shows your blog for others to see. You can begin by submitting your blog to search engines, blog networks such as Writer’s write, B5 Media, BlogCatalog, MyBlogLog, TechCrunch, Technorati and much more. Register with them and network with other people to get your word out.
4. Tag your Blog Properly – Tags your blog properly and it’s a crucial steps to make sure your blog to be heard. The tag usually one or two word descriptions of your blog. Dig around specific service and search for popular tags to put into your blog. It’s because the people who are interested in these topics will easily find your site.
5. Social Bookmarking and submit articles - Stay active on the social bookmarking website and bookmark each post. Social bookmarks are bait for the search engines, and this is an opportunity that isn’t to be wasted. Some of the major networks include delicious, Furl, and of course, Digg. These sites will allow you to tag, bookmark, and submit articles that you think are interesting. What’s more interesting than your own work?
6. StumbleUpon – Like the rest of the social networking sites, you create a profile and network with others. But, with StumbleUpon, you can “stumble” thousands of sites that you’re interested in by clicking a button. It’s mean, when you stumble your own site, you can get into the stumble rotation and people that you network with can stumble across it as well.
"The surprise packet is StumbleUpon, which over the past year has been consistently in the top two Social Media sites in terms of generating global website traffic. Indeed, in the US in March StumbleUpon was number one ahead of Facebook in terms of website traffic generation."Aodhan Cullen, CEO, StatCounter.
7. Offer original and quality content- This is the most effective means for increasing traffic to a website; offering people something that they cannot obtain elsewhere, or at least, not to the level of quality that you are offering it. Ways in which to ensure that your content is of higher quality than competitors or is unique.
8. Trying to get more backlinks – You should probably know that getting links is one of the most important, and at the same time, most times consuming thing. But, you can gets easy backlinks by getting a proof reader and avoid content generators. Your creativity is your sources of traffic. Read more on 15 ways to drive traffic with backlinks.
9. Improve your search engine ranking- You can improve your search engine ranking by focusing your content on keywords related to your topic. This is called search engine optimization and will help people finding your website when they're searching the Web. REMEMBER! Use the keywords you use is flowing naturally with the text. Besides, you should aware to not overdo the keywords as it will result in a very low search ranking for your website.
10. Submit your url to various directories - Back in the early days of the internet, there were no search engines like Google or Yahoo. People found what they needed by searching a directory that was broken into categories. Yahoo.com, Uncoverthenet.com, Goguides.com and much more.
11. Enable automatic trackback and ping functionality.- A ping is an application which can send messages to servers in the search engines, to warn that there is new content on a site. Usually, people will ping their website after update it so that the search engines easier to index your site quickly and positions.
12. Post regularly - If it’s a news oriented blog, 3-5 times per day. If it’s an authoritative blog, 3-5 times per week, but each post must be unique and high value.
13. Create Buzz - Creating a buzz about your blog posts and topic in the local and online media will give your marketing a viral component.
14.Cite the source with link - When you want to tell your readers about something and you have the link, cite the source with a link and don’t be afraid to mention popular bloggers by name. REMEMBER to use keywords in the blog post title, in the body of the post and use anchor text when you link to previous posts you’ve made.
15. Submit to GOOGLE WEBMASTER - Submit a XML sitemap of your Blog to Google Webmasters. You don’t need to do that, but if you know that some of your pages are not spidered yet, then this will get them indexed pretty soon.